Thursday, December 11, 2008

A sighting of my own.....

I couldn't believe my eyes... in the middle of my work day.... in the middle of Bowie...and yet, there it was, seeking it's prey.... A beautiful eagle.

Ok, it was a picture sent in an email I received at work. (One of those painfully funny emails full of heinous pictures of incredibly inappropriate things.) But this picture, this needle in a haystack snapshot, took me away from my desk, just for a minute. In my mind, I was atop the South Rim in Big Bend National Park, Texas. Thankfully, my memory blocked out the part about being insanely hot and sweaty and nearly out of water and I was just watching. Watching, as I had years ago, a Peregrine Falcon.... diving. For prey? Perhaps, but we were never quite sure. Whatever his goal, it was quite a site to see. A site I will likely never forget (baring the setting in of dementia) and it was truly refreshing to go back there today.... no matter what crazy thing conjured the memory.

No comments: